Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The 5 Best Nail Polish Brands

Have you ever bought a nail polish thinking the color was beautiful, put it on enthusiastically, gotten loads of compliments on the color only to wake up the next day and realize: two of your nails have already chipped? Not fun. While for some it may not be a problem at all, it really bothers me. I believe there are going to be a lot of people out there who will share my opinion.



Inspired by a new discovery of a super-affordable, but at the same time great quality nail polish, I decided to write this post.

Although I did mostly rely on my personal opinion, I also did a little bit of research by looking up other people's opinions.After quite a while of searching and trying out different nail polish brands, I have found the following to be the best.


1. ESSIE

Essie had to be my number one. Living in Croatia, there wasn't a possibility to try ESSIE nail polishes until a few months ago. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to travel to the United States and try out some of their product. Every nail polish I tried was absolutely perfect. Only two coats of nail polish were enough to give the full color. I did not experience any chipping for more than a week, and the color did not fade at all. I have had them for more than a year now, and although they are used frequently, I did not notice them changing in consistency. Some of the colors I own are Tart Deco, Mademoiselle, Sand Tropez, Turquoise and Coico... They cost around 8$, but I often found discounts allowing me to purchase them for less. I am also absolutely in love with their new collections and cannot wait to make some purchases!



2. Revlon

Revlon has really been stepping up their game lately. In addition to loving their make up, I also happen to absolutely adore their nail polishes. They are really affordable and are (obviously) some of the best nail polishes I have ever tried. I always find their shades to be a little more sophisticated, or maybe it's because their bottles look sophisticated? While only being able to try and love their basic line, I have heard and read a lot of good things about the other ones (especially the Colorstay line). The color stays put for at least a week and the colors don't fade either.


3. O.P.I.

O.P.I is a very obvious choice for a nail polish favorite, but I really do like it. The only downside to these nail polishes is their price as they are some of the most expensive ones on the market. I heard some people complaining about the quality, but I generally find them to be really good. However, they seem to change the nail polish consistency depending on the shade or collections coming out. The color range is amazing as they have almost every color available. The colors I own have not dissapointed me yet, they are quite easy to wipe of with nail polish remover, stay on for a really long time. All of the ones I own do last for at least five days, even longer depending on the shade. The colors don't fade and go on smoothly. Two coats of nail polish are enough to get the full color in most cases. Also, I find the names they give to their nail polishes and their collections
really innovative and thoughtful.


4. Rimmel

Rimmel is another brand that a lot of people seem to love. Not only nail polish products are really good, but also make up. Unfortunately, they are pretty hard to get your hands on because they don't sell in every store. Nevertheless, they stay on for quite a long time, don't fade and have a really nice color selection. I find every line they came out with to be really good.



5. Eveline

This is the brand I was talking about in the introduction. I went to a drugstore the other day and saw a nail polish I really liked and it was really cheap. I was very sceptical as I usually end up throwing away cheap nail polishes because they chip in a matter of hours. I tried the nail polish, went back the other day to buy three more. All of the ones I bought were really good! Eveline is a quite unknown brand and I am unsure about where you can buy it. It is a Polish brand, and their online site says they are available world-wide. If you are interested in trying this brand, search for it at your drugstore. Also, every other product I tried from this brand was really good. The nail polishes I really like and enjoy wearing are from the Mini Max Quick Dry line. They do dry very quickly, apply nicely and last for at least 5 days without chipping. The colors do not change or fade either. The color selection is also really good.


There are other brands I heard are amazing, such as Butter London, the Top Shop nail polishes, Barry M, etc. Unfortunately, they aren't available in Croatia. This is why I can't give an opinion about them. Also note that I do use a base coat underneath every nail polish.

Thank you for reading!
Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment